Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Still more bricks

     I've collected over 5000 antique paving bricks originally used for streets in the early 1900s.  I found another use for them last fall, building a new planter between my back lawn and the shaded gardens towards the back of the lot.  I removed some Stephanandra incisa 'crispa' (Cutleaf Stephandra) and extended the existing planter, shown in the first photo.
     My wife always thought it would be fitting for me to be buried somewhere in my gardens, so I did a test, finding that the planter looked very much like a burial vault.  So, who knows?













1 comment:

  1. Your new planter is quite nice. I think you should consider cremation so as not to take us so much room and be able to mingle intimately with the garden immediately.

    ReplyDelete