Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, January 3, 2020

So much fun

     Late last summer I built a new hardscape structure (I still don't know what to call it) that was one of the most enjoyable projects I did in my 50 years of gardening.  It turned out completely different than I first envisioned, just evolving as I built it.  It was first going to be a rectangular planter built with recycled street granite cobblestones.  But then I collected some weathered limestone rocks that I used elsewhere in the gardens last summer and which appeared in earlier posts.  So I started to build it with those instead of the granite cobblestones.  However, I ran short, so I altered the design, abandoned the idea of a planter, so the structure became "hollow" rather than filled, and changed what I planned to do for a bench as well as its location, moving it from the front to the back.  All these changes, as I went through them, were just so enjoyable that I was almost giddy.  Finally, adding the moss and other plants were the final experience of immense joy.















1 comment: