Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Winter is here.

     After an unusually warm fall, winter suddenly arrived recently.  The first snow arrived December 4th, seven inches fell on December 11th, and another six inches fell yesterday.
     The snow adds considerable interest to the gardens, it makes me feel a bit sorry for those who live in southern climes.  Photos are nice, but one has to be here to fully appreciate the beauty provided by the snow.  The last three photos of "sagging snow" were taken after the snow melted a bit.
     The photos were all taken in my Japanese-style garden.  More will follow in a week or two.  I still have three more postings of my photos from Japan, so I hope no one gets impatient for them.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I do envy you your snow. It looks so pretty. I love the flocked trees. The swagging ribbons of snow are charming. Only Mother Nature could make them look so perfect. Can't hardly wait to see the rest of your Japanese garden tours. It is something to look forward to beyond the holidays.

    ReplyDelete