Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, December 5, 2016

Kyoto 2--Shoren-in and Eikan-do Temples

     Here is the second of a planned six postings of my tour of 33 gardens in Kyoto, Japan I took a few weeks ago.
     The first two photos are of Shoren-in temple.
     The last eight photos are of Eikan-do, one of the better gardens I visited.  The colors of the Japanese maples were incredible.  It was the only garden I visited of 56 (in 2014 and this year combined) that I saw an irrigation system for the mosses.  Some ladies, even young ones, still like to dress up in traditional kimonos, which added to the beauty of the gardens for me.
 
     
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

      

1 comment:

  1. This garden is gorgeous with those mounds of moss. I am sure the kimonos are are colorful as the maples and added a lively interest.

    ReplyDelete