Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Moving right along...

     Nine years ago I collected thousands of cobblestones (for free) made of sandstone, quarried in western Wisconsin.  They were used for a loading dock along railroad tracks at a tannery, built in the 1880s.  I had about a thousand left for several years, so I used about 400 for walkways and the lining of perennial beds.
     The first photo shows the bed for Blue Fescue Grass.  The second is for Tufted Hair Grass.  The third shows the Aralia bed and to the west.  The fourth shows the Lady Fern bed and to the west.  The fifth shows the Kirengeshoma bed and to the west.  The last photo shows the Tufted Hair Grass bed and to the southwest.
     I don't know if I mentioned, but this was all a lot of work.  Luckily, most days the weather was perfect, in the 60s or low 70s.





No comments:

Post a Comment