Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

OK, the last of my winter travels

     The last of my six winter foreign trips was to the Caucasus.  Now it's time for my summer garden work.
     The first two photos are of a pretty plant in Baku, Azerbaijan.  I'd appreciate knowing its name.
     The next is a great hedge in an 1800s private garden near Telavi, Georgia.  Nearby was a monastery with the most unusual olive tree I ever saw.
     Poppies are everywhere in Armenia.
     The last four were in Tbilisi, Georgia, first the new cathedral, then, I was told, a new species of a tree--Treeitis ferrousiana.  Maybe someone was pulling my leg.
    
    











    

3 comments:

  1. Love the puctures....the poppies are beautiful...will save that picture...will your garden be open this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gardens will be open on Saturday, July 20th, from 8-4, at W231 S5977 Molla Drive, Waukesha, WI 53189

    ReplyDelete