Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Can't wait to get out there

      I have a nice view of what I call my Williamsburg Garden, and the back of the property behind it, every time I sit down at my kitchen table.  Especially at breakfast, if the sun is hitting several spots in the back yard, I feel as if a giant magnet is pulling me outside.  I just can't wait to get out there and pull weeds, water plants, pick up sticks or debris...anything.  Just do SOMETHING, the "magnet" seems to be telling me.
     The first photo is the view from inside the house at the kitchen table.  The next two were taken outside last fall just after I removed the grass, which constantly died from excess shade, and replaced it with Climacium americanum moss.  I found it in a woods a few miles from here at my friend's place.  It is generally doing well, except for a spot that gets a bit too much sun.  As the trees grow, that problem will subside.  The last photo shows the garden a few years ago when grass was there.
     The flowers are wax begonias, treated here as annuals, though in the tropics they grow as perennials.



No comments:

Post a Comment