Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

No water lilies, just a rock

     Upon its completion in 2002, the pool in my water garden had water lilies and some other plants.  Over the years, the shade from several trees has deepened so much that the plants don't get enough light to live.
     So, out went the plants--and in went a lava rock two feet long covered with Brachythecium salebrosum moss, half-submerged in water on a platform of other rocks.  The reflection in still water, shown from both sides, is quite beautiful.




5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! will you be hosting an open house of your gardens again this year? If so, when? I attended last year - they are absolutely breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    No open house this year--only four garden club tours. I am just too swamped this year, as I have several major project to do, the largest one replacing lots of RR ties. You could stop by if you'd like, so where do you live?
    Dale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale - I'm in Pewaukee. The gardening friend that I'd like to bring along to see your beautiful gardens is in Brookfield. Our schedules don't align until after July 8th.
      Perhaps we could touch base again in a few weeks? Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Lori, my phone is 262-542-7469, and my email is ddsievert3@gmail.com.
    Dale

    ReplyDelete