Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Kirstenbosch National Botanic Garden

     Kirstenbosch National Botanic Garden is the jewel of gardens in the country of South Africa.  It is 1300 acres in size, and it was established in 1913.  It is one of 11 botanical gardens in South Africa administered by the South African National Biodiversity Institute.  I recently visited three of these.
     I will have two posts dedicated to Kirstenbosch.  The garden is in Cape Town, situated at the base of famous Table Mountain, visible in the second and third photos.  The garden has the largest display of the genus Plectranthus I have ever seen.  The photo after their description shows a mass planting of them in flower.  They flower in late summer to early fall, which it was when I visited.  It is one of my favorite plants, and I have over 40 containers of Plectranthus coleoides.  I overwinter them in my house.









1 comment: