Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, December 4, 2017

Round Two

(Note: I will be in Nicaragua and Honduras until December 17th, so there will be no post until then.

     These photos are of the second moss I garden I built this summer for a client.  There is a short path entering a large woods that leads to a nineteenth century wire pergola that came from England.  Inside of it is part of the first English parliament building, constructed in the 10th Century.
     I brought in several rocks, many with moss already growing on them.  To the rest I added moss, attaching it with 100% silicone caulk.  One very large rock, a weathered limestone, required three people to move into place.
     Along the path is a large animal feeding trough, also several hundred years old.  I first filled it with ground, then added moss on top of it.
     Most of the moss on the ground is Thuidium delacatulum.






No comments:

Post a Comment