Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, July 14, 2017

New York, New York

     Well, mainly New York--but also northeastern Pennsylvania, as well.  That is, those areas (and only south central New York state, specifically in the Empire State) is where bluestone is found and quarried.  When I first bought the stone in 1970 for our front sidewalk on the east side of the house, it was known as New York Bluestone.  Now I find it is more commonly called bluestone.  It is a sandstone, primarily consisting of feldspar, quartz, and phyllosilicates.
     I extended the sidewalk to the corner of the house in the late 1980s. Then I again extended it in the 1990s along the north side of the house (now in my Japanese-style garden) all the way to the Willamsburg Garden, which is on the west side of the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment