Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright?  Maybe.

     In the late 1970s, I bought some outdoor lighting fixtures.  They were tall and narrow, and they reminded me of designs of Frank Lloyd Wright.  In 1980, I tweaked the design and built several fixtures, large enough to house plants.  Not being a carpenter, there were some problems (such as "light leakage" from the corners).  In 2013 I had a cabinet maker make me several with better construction.  I have three in my gardens, one each of cedar (first photo), white ash (photos two and three), and ipe, a wood from Brazil.  Two are in my Japanese garden, as they remind me of Japanese architecture.
     Last summer I visited Taliesin, the studio and home of Wright in Spring Green, WI, 90 minutes west of my home.  In December I visited Taliesin West, his winter studio and home in Scottsdale, AZ.  I think he would like my design.  He, too, was presumptuous--and lived in Wisconsin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment